Thursday, June 24, 2010

One two week wait complete, now we're in the second one!

Our first two week wait ended on June 18. I spent most of the day at the hospital with my mom visiting my grandma, and anxiously checking the time. Around noon I sent Jason an email with "nothing yet" as the subject line. We decided to bet on what time the doctor's office would call--he bet 3pm and I bet 3:30. I also decided if they didn't call by 3:30, I would call there, so that way I would know someone would answer the phone.

At 2:20 my phone rang and thankfully we were outside on the cafeteria patio so I had service. It was Stephanie, my very favorite nurse. I told her I had had a very tough week and I sure hoped she had some good news for me since I never tested at home. Her response: "You never tested at home? I pegged you for a home tester for sure!" I told her that I was always a rule follower and I never did! She then said, "If you never tested at home, then you have no idea you are pregnant do you..." I started jumping up and down and yelling thank you. (Mom: "STOP JUMPING!") It was so exciting. She also informed me that my HCG was 647, so I could be carrying both babies still! I couldn't believe it. Jason was cautiously excited. He was at work so it's not like he could get super loud about it plus he is so nervous something will happen. I understand his concern, and I am scared too. But we waited so long for that moment that I just wanted to be happy and excited.

Now we're waiting for July 7, our first ultrasound, where we will hopefully see one, if not two, heartbeats!! This might even be harder than the first two week wait, plus it's longer. :) It's been nice not having to get blood drawn every couple of days. I also asked about the progesterone injections as I have developed some serious lumps and bruises that don't go away. They have allowed me, for now, to discontinue those shots. It was the next best news next to finding out we're pregnant! I still do daily progesterone suppositories and Estrace tablets though to ensure my lining maintains it's status as a great home for the baby(ies).

It's been so great to tell a few of our close friends and family, but we won't be spreading our good news until August 9th or so when we pass the first trimester mark. We just want to make sure nothing happens in the meantime. We are so incredibly grateful of one and possibly two babies that are growing healthy and strong! We can't wait to see them on the screen in 13 days! God is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment