Monday, January 30, 2017

Valentine project for school!

H decided he wanted to make his own valentines this year, which I was totally ok with considering we're trying to cut costs anywhere possible! I happened to find these adorable rubber dinosaur erasers in bright colors, and they came in a package of six. After buying three packs for his class, I decided the preschoolers would enjoy them too, and I went back to the store and bought four more packs (I believe the packs were $1.50 regularly priced, and they were 25% off).

So far I was under $8.00 into this project and, insert self-pat, this valentine would not include candy of any kind. Fellow parents, you are welcome. I also wanted good, sturdy valentines to support the dinos so I used sheets of cardstock that I had on hand in my office. I found this adorable free printable on Pinterest, from our friend Kara over at Life With Fingerprints.

Check her blog out here!

My son wanted to take ownership of printing each friend's name on the card, signing his own on the back, and cutting them all out. Initially I had this perfect vision in my head of how these would look, and I had to step back and remind myself these are HIS cards to pass out to his friends, not mine. And it will be very obvious that he did these steps himself. When they were finished I felt nothing but pride for his effort.

I used a hole punch to make two holes on each, diagonal from each other, to act as anchors for the baker's twine I used to tie the dinos to the cards. It's hard to tell, but I did use pink and white baker's twine for the girls, and then red and white for the boys. H even made sure his teacher is a recipient.

Aren't they SO cute??! Love, love, love these.


No comments:

Post a Comment