Monday, March 13, 2017

Marching in like a lion for sure...what a run today!

Snowing, blowing, cold. That sums up what we woke up to today after hitting 60 degrees last week. After hardly a winter at all here in the Mitten, I shouldn't complain. But outside runs are great, if and when breaking an ankle is not a distinct possibility.

I really was not going to risk it with our race coming up soon... but... my Old Girl looked at me with those eyes when she saw me throwing my New Balances on. Next thing I know, I am rigging up her harness and pulling on my Puma running hat and gloves. And she is dancing around in her own doggy glory.

I really didn't have time for more than 20 minutes before work but I figured if I could get 20 minutes in without face planting on the icy streets or blowing an Achilles, I would be happy.

Low and behold, once I couldn't feel my hamstrings from the cold I felt pretty good. I surprised myself by finishing a full two miles with a pace of 11:31. Considering the conditions, I consider this a big win for the week. Ice crystal mascara is really attractive, isn't it?!??
Come on, Mother Nature, you can do better than that!!


No comments:

Post a Comment