Friday, April 15, 2011

Half way through April and 24 weeks pregnant!

I am so grateful to start today's post with that! It seems like so long ago we were on pins and needles waiting to find out if our dream of becoming parents would come true. Now here I am, 24 weeks, and definitely pregnant. At our big Curwood meeting on Wednesday, there was no more hiding Baby H! Even with my big baggy red sweatshirt, apparently it was obvious. It was exciting and scary all at once to have so many people offering hugs and congratulations. Baby H and I had a little talk in bed that night about him sticking with it and getting stronger and healthy since so many people are waiting to meet him. What a blessed little guy.

He moves around so frequently now that if a few hours go by and I don't feel him, I start to get worried. Obsessive I'm sure, but I will always worry about my son. My next OB appointment is Thursday when we return from visiting my family in Florida so that reassurance will be nice. Then only one more monthly appointment and I graduate to every two weeks! I can't believe it.

Jason made some serious progress on the nursery last weekend. He painted below the coming chair rail a deep chocolate brown (to match our decor, we had the Home Depot guy scan the puppy's ear from our pattern!). We also cleaned everything except my old twin bed out of that room and had St. Vincent De Paul pick up his old bachelor days futon and a ton of clothes we aren't in need of. I washed the closet out and got some of the baby things we have organized. It's really coming along! Now we just need to get the chair rail up so I can call in the guys to clean the carpets in the whole house... one step at a time.

We are hoping to get our registries done next weekend now that my shower date is set. I am SO excited to have it at the Shiawassee Arts Council on June 19th. It will be a perfect place to have it. Several friends already know they can't make it, which does make me a little sad. Summer is so busy though that I totally understand!

We also booked our maternity photos session with Maureen Hartson. Weather permitting, we will be doing them at Curwood Castle on June 14th. I am excited for that! I just hope I haven't started swelling all over by then. My ankles and feet are currently pretty bad but the compression thigh highs I now sport are making a big difference in keeping the edema to a minimum.

Since everyone always asks how I'm feeling, here is the truth. I can't remember the last time I slept well or for more than three hours at a time. I'm pretty sure it was pre-FET in November. I figure this is God's way of preparing me for life with an infant in the house! I also have tremendous back pain that seems worse from sitting and driving along with acid reflux which is all new to me. Sometimes I can hear my heart beating in my ear which is totally strange but normal I am told. I love the idea that we will have a son soon, but I don't love being pregnant at all. I'm actually pretty uncomfortable most of the time and it's only going to get worse. I often tell Jason he should try to strap a 14 pound bowling ball onto his stomach and see how it is to do the day to day stuff with it on. BUT I wouldn't trade any of this for anything though! I am so grateful for the chance to have this baby. God is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment