Friday, April 1, 2011

It's finally April!

After the long Michigan winter, I am so excited it's officially April today! A lot has happened in the past few months, so I'll take a minute to get caught up:

The rest of January--I went for my final visit to the RE's office in Flint. I knew I would miss them terribly but I didn't cry when I said goodbye and I was proud of myself for that! I took them cupcakes and brownies and both were a big hit. Even at 9am, like my office, everyone was eating treats, including one of the doctors in his street clothes. My favorite nurse and I hugged one last time, and I congratulated her as she's due in June! I promised to keep in touch and I fully intend to stop in sometime in the next two months. Thank you to them from the bottom of my heart! It should also go on record here that I told Stephanie I was SURE that I am having a boy. She asked me how I knew that, and I said I just know. Plus I had two dreams and both were boys. She had the same thing happen and she was right, so time would tell if I would be right too.

February--baby's first vacations!! Jason and I went to Ft. Myers and then to Key West with his mom and dad for a long weekend. Key West was awesome! We had a great time and my appetite was a little better which was nice. Still a lot of food aversions but being able to eat something besides Triscuits sure was a treat. I definitely look like I overindulged though in my bathing suit! Oh well. Baby's second vacation was just a long weekend that my mom and I took to get away to Anna Maria Island in Florida. She's been feeling a lot of sadness from the loss of my grandma, not to mention having the legal battles to deal with. It was a great weekend away for both of us. Again I was able to eat just a little bit more which was nice, but I still just looked like I ate too much ice cream in my bathing suit!

March--After a couple of visits with my new OB, I asked if we could set up an ultrasound early to determine the sex of our baby since no one knew at this point, and we wanted to at least tell our closest friends. Since I was there alone, I felt guilty (for about 10 seconds) when they offered to look right then. It was very clearly A BOY. I was right, and I knew Jason would be thrilled. When I called him from the parking lot, he said it was the happiest day of his life. He finally got to attend the BIG ultrasound for 20 weeks on March 22. It took about an hour, but we saw so much amazing detail; his hands, feet, face (in 4D!), heart, brain, spine, etc. etc. He also measured almost 22 weeks with the size of his head/brain and abdomen! Either he's coming early or I am going to have one huge kid! Jason has officially picked Aug. 2 as the due date, and I'm sticking with July 31. I think he wants to be a July baby.

Finally, we have chosen a name for our little miracle. Jason likes power names (HH) so we toyed around with a few things, but kept coming back to the same one. It also happens to be his grandmother's (she's English) maiden name; Harrison! As long as we're going for power and dignified, I suggested Adams for his middle name. And so it is. I am totally fine with Harris for short, but Harry will not work. :)

We are looking forward to picking out nursery paint this weekend! I am starting to feel like we are running out of time. Once it's nice, I know we will be up north every weekend anyway so it's time to get moving! We're also signed up for birthing classes in May, and a hospital tour at the beginning of the month, plus we are going to tour Grayling's Mercy Hospital just in case Harrison decides he'd like to see the north country first. I can't believe how fast time is going. We are so grateful to have made it this far. God is great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment