Friday, April 22, 2011

Returning from Florida

We spent not long enough in Florida this week. You should never come home at the end of April to 37 degrees and rainy and freezing in the day time. In Florida it was 90 and sunny EVERY DAY. I kept apologizing to Baby H when we sat in the sun or in the pool that we have to live somewhere with such miserable weather. We had a great time with my dad, Denise, Jr., and my grandparents. Jr.'s dog Tuffy is so adorable. He makes Mawby look like a moose. I'm really glad he rescued him and hopefully he can continue to make him less nervous, more trusting, and get rid of that separation anxiety he has! Fortunately Aunt Sarah dolled him up with a new summer collar, matching leash and a yellow Zanies bear that he loves.

Jason got to golf with my dad, and I got to catch up with Denise in the pool which was great. When Denise would go inside, I was just sitting in the sun (or on the sunshelf in the pool) and I never needed a magazine or anything. I was content to just BE. That never happens! I spent a lot of time thinking about everything we've been through since we've gotten married. I also spent a lot of time talking to God in prayer which was very calming and peaceful.

I had my OB appointment today and I had to bring up the severe pain in my back, because it's progressively getting worse. Sitting at my desk is bad but at least I can get up. Sitting in the car is the worst because I don't want to have to pull over every 10 minutes to get out. The plane ride was especially brutal but thanks to the nice stewardess who allowed me to stand in the back. My doctor believes, of all things, that I have a rib out! I start physical therapy on Monday and I hope I have PT several times a week if that means this problem can be fixed quickly!!! It makes sense though since heat/ice don't touch the pain and I can't manipulate my muscles to make the pain more or less. My next appointment will also include the glucose test instead of just the usual pee in a cup/blood pressure/baby heart beat/any questions? so that will be interesting.

This will be a busy weekend with us going to register tomorrow at Target and Babies R Us. Fortunately I have lists from friends with infants so I hopefully will have an easy time registering. Sunday is Mass and Easter dinner so I am looking forward to that and being able to tell the rest of my family we are expecting. My shower invites came today and I'm really happy with them! It all feels so real now, especially as I sit here and Harrison keeps up the high kicks!

We are so grateful for the many blessings we have. God is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment