Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Day 29 - July 30

H's big "invite all my friends!" bday party is next weekend, I'm gone most of next week, and I'm doing my best not to full on panic.  I took him with me into town to start choosing some party favors for his friends and check one thing off my once-again growing to-do list.  We found a few things and he spent quite a bit of time deciding what he would buy with half of his garage sale earnings.  The other half was going into his savings account, and thankfully he hasn't started to argue about that (yet).  After making his choices, we went back to the cottage and got ready to go on the boat for a bit.  The weather wasn't perfect but it wasn't raining, so we went for it.  We spent some time at the park and H got to play on the beach a little.  I keep thinking it's almost August, and pretty soon this boat will have her winter cover on!  Depressing!

When we got back to the cottage, we got ready and went to the township park to utilize their nice playscape before dinner since we got rained out the morning before.  We weren't there long due to some behavior issues, and when we got back, low and behold, my mom was in the middle of making dinner and the power went out.  Luckily we were mostly using the grill, but it was still so crazy that it was such an inconvenience!  There are some people in the world that have no power, and no running water, neither of which I could stand.  I pray for those people.  I hate to camp, and that's what this felt like, minus the sand in my sleeping bag.  We went to Dairy Queen sort of out of desperation and apparently everyone else on that side of the lake was in the same boat.  Pleasant!  Nightfall and still no power.  We sat by the fire for awhile but finally had to get H ready for bed somehow.  iPhone flashlights to the rescue!  We also learned we need real flashlights in every room, with full batteries, ready to go.  Some extra jugs of water for toilets should also be standard.  We ended up bringing buckets up from the lake!

Six hours after it went out, the power was finally back on.  I was so grateful!  What a bizarre day overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment