Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Mitten Love Mondays vol. 2

Ahh Cherry Republic. You had me at "sample". If you've never been to a Cherry Republic store, you are in luck if you're visiting the Mitten. They now have stores in great locations other than Northern MI! Don't get me wrong, I love my TC however I can't always make a three hour trek just for Cherry Jam. An hour to Frankenmuth is much easier! So yes, confession Wednesday, I have gone to the 'Muth just to go to their store before. I stocked up while there on my favorite classic Cherry Jam, but we also got some Imperial Pretzels, Cherry Mustard, and Cherries on Fire Salsa, my hubs' new favorite. Confession Wednesday again, I've never walked in and not spent at least $60. Ever. But their stuff is THAT GOOD. I promise. Best PB&J you've ever had? Good bread, and the items below. Boom!!


My son loves that there are samples at every turn, beckoning you to try something new so that the full size jar or bag can end up in your shopping basket. And it works. My son loves the Sour Cherries and you cannot go wrong with plain chocolate covered cherries (White? Dark? Milk? Imperial? I must try them all! So many choices!). What else do we love... let's see, Boomchunka cookies, cherry tea, spicy cherry BBQ sauce, white chocolate cherry peanut butter (coupled with their cherry jam, which we only buy in the large jars, it makes the most divine sandwich ever), Cherryaki sauce, umm... yeah. I might have a bit of an obsession.

The only thing I am sad to say I regret I haven't tried yet is their breakfast line. They have pancake mix and syrup that I really must get on my next visit to stock my pantry. The best part about the Republic (besides their amazing products) is that they've gotten shipping down to a science. It is an annual tradition that I ship my baby brother (who is an adult now living in Miami on his own!) a box of their treats for his birthday. The end of April can get a little balmy in South Florida, and his box always arrives perfectly. Shipping rates are reasonable when you order a large quantity of items. Plus they pack a little bit of the north country in every box - a sprig of green, a piece of birch bark, a pinecone. Ahh home.

Oh, and the company itself comes from humble roots and has blossomed (get it, cherry blossom, ha...) into this big company with multiple locations, tons of products, and who knows how many employees, but it doesn't FEEL like that at all. It feels like family when you've been enjoying their products for so long. And the amount of money they put back into the communities they're in is truly awesome. Sign up for the newsletter just to hear tales from Bob, the founder (he's a unique guy for sure), about his life with his wife and two boys. You'll be part of the Republic in no time.
Life, Liberty, Beaches & Pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment