Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Running update

The 2017 race season is in full swing here in The Mitten. I ran a 5K in Florida over Easter weekend and wow, what a difference 40 degrees and humidity makes on performance! I was pretty mad at myself afterwards.

Coming up, we've got a local 5K for a small festival, and all the while we're training for that dreaded 10K I had signed the Hubs and I up for in June. Remember how mad he was? Turns out now he's protesting by not training at all. That silence was heard, loud and clear!

However, my birthday was recently, and my boys bought me a sweatshirt I had been coveting from the local running store for quite some time. SO EXCITED!



To assist in my quest to put the right foods into my body , I bought a spiralizer and my kid and I have been getting creative with our "zoodles" (this is zuccini pasta for those of you new to the Vegetti world!). Our first night, we used a jarred cheese sauce and mixed in diced grilled chicken (H said it was AMAZING) and last night we tried a peanut sauce. This was incredible. I'll make it again and post pics next time. The sauce was also really good on Barilla protein pasta.

I definitely feel a lot better with less carb-y, starchy food and more of a protein, fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats focus. I have been running with the old girl at least every other day, if not every day, 2-3 miles or so. We did the full 5K on Saturday at the lake for practice, and yesterday did 2.75 even though we decided our legs were tired.

Ok, so I decided my legs were tired, but I kept repeating to myself, "Run until your legs aren't tired anymore!". Old girl did just fine. So we'll see how the weekend's race goes.

In other news, I have to travel for work and be gone ALL NEXT WEEK. This household will be in an uproar with Mom gone! It will also make training and eating well difficult. I'll do my best to stay on track and likely spend some time on the hotel 'dread'mill. Ughh.

10K soon, 10K soon, 10K soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment