Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Our little Etsy shop is coming to life!

I am still amazed at how people happen upon our Etsy shop by chance and search results.
Click here to check us out!

What started as a way to make "Royalty" mugs for our former queens and princesses has become a fun way to be creative and make a buck or two.

So far, we've had pageant tumbler orders from as far away as Maine.

We've had sports tumblers, including a male gymnast (he is amazing by the way) in Indiana, and my cousins who play tennis for their high school team.

We had a large, 23 tumbler order from a big high school in our state recently. This one was our best custom order to date, with us incorporating their signature "D" into the design.


I've got a beautiful wall with my own design for our H initial and "est. in 2006".

And our ideas keep coming! I have enjoyed the unexpected orders, like the Superman beer mug for a friend's boyfriend. I've also enjoyed combing through font after font to find the perfect one to portray the idea I have in my head.

It's a labor of love, but I am enjoying this little project of ours!

*****

Running update, for those of you following along! I took Old Girl out on Saturday morning near the lake. My plan was to run 4 miles even if we needed a walking break or two. Well, she hit her wall at 2.5m and I had to get her to the lake for a drink break. Good thing our lake is spring fed! She made it home but I realized those long runs won't be good for her.

This morning we did a solid two at a decent speed and she was fine.

Finally, I ran in a small 5K a week ago, and finished with my best time in 18 months. I was thrilled to finish at 32:38. It felt like a huge victory to me!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment