Friday, July 15, 2016

Day 14 - July 15

I am halfway through my time off!!!! Where does time go? And how come when I work, the weeks drag by, and then when I'm off, the time just flies??

I didn't sleep well last night so when H was up at 7am, I was not surprised.  It was raining and cold and J and his dad wanted to golf, so we decided to take the kids to town for story hour at the bookstore.  I'm not giving the place enough credit--it is a full on production starring the kids with puppets and singing and movement.  At the end, each child makes a clay sculpture to take home.  They really do a nice job and for only $8 a child it's well worth it.

H finished his clay ninja pirate before the girls were done, so we had time to look at books, get into another impromptu sword fight, play with the cool dollhouse, and the knight castle while we waited for them. It really is a cool store.

After the bookstore we went through a few other stores before stopping for lunch for the kids. The local pizza place had gluten free pizza crust so that was a good find.  After lunch we stopped at the used bookstore and then drove to the state park on Lake Michigan so that the kiss could enjoy their playscape. The big lake was dark, choppy and very ominous looking with the bright red "warning--dangerous surf" flags all over.  The kids enjoyed kicking off their shoes to play at the sandy playground.

Later, the kids played Cornhole and cards since the weather never really did clear up.  H did well learning to play Uno with the girls.  After dinner we had cake to celebrate a cousin's upcoming birthday.

As a final note, I was able to book H's fifth birthday party at the local bowling alley near my parents' house.  The invites I ordered will hopefully be in next week so I can deliver them!  H's other family party is next Saturday at lunch time.  Needless to say he is very excited about anything related to his birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment