Monday, July 25, 2016

Day 21 - July 22 - Sale Day!

I. Hate. Garage. Sales.
I really do.  I find them brutally painful.  The even crazier part is when we had a sale in my old house, those people were nickel and diming on everything!  It got so annoying I could hardly stand it.  I think our prices were beyond fair and in some cases a heck of a deal, especially on the baby clothes and items.  It was in the 80s before 10am and were sweating accordingly.  H was selling bottles of water and lemonade and was so excited to get a buck in exchange for each of those bottles of water we had iced down in a cooler.  I was hoping to teach him the value of working to earn money and that work isn't always fun; I think he understood that.  I did send him in at some point though when I realized he was sweating profusely and not drinking enough.  I didn't need a dehydrated kid on sale day!

I made about $200 and my mom made $100--not bad but not great.  We decided to leave it all and go one more half day and start earlier.  Then I really am going to donate all this stuff once and for all.  I have such nice stuff but I refuse to move it yet again!

After we had closed up shop, we got ready to go to the lake for the weekend.  H had now gone with my family that is visiting for the weekend for his bday from FL, and J and I realized that we could have a date night on our way up!  SO EXCITING.  We stopped at the local bar near the cottage and had fish fry.  We sat at the bar and actually had adult conversations.  What fun!!  When we got to the cottage we were able to hang out at the beach talking to the neighbors for awhile before calling it a night.  It was like our old life before H was born!  I wouldn't trade one minute of being his mom, but it sure was nice to have that time together again.

Tomorrow is PARTY DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment