Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Day 16 - July 17 - Vacation is over

Vacation is over today; the cousins go back to California and it is time for us to go home to Grandma's house.  We went to church this morning and got to say hello to some of the neighbors.  There was supposed to be a congregation picnic as well, but the weather was not cooperating as it was raining and really windy.  When we got back to the cottage, everyone packed up their things and we started cleaning--until the power went out due to the high winds.  It was ok to see still but we couldn't use the water or anything requiring electricity.  We ate leftovers for lunch and made the best of it.  We had a three hour drive home as I followed J trailering the Waverunner; I was so nervous the whole time but we made it.

Tonight we inflated the bounce house for H and took turns jumping with him.  We also watered all the flowers and just enjoyed being outside instead of stuck in the car. I know the boys are sad their vacation week is over, and I'm incredibly sad that my time off is half way over now.  This was the best decision I've ever made and I will repeat:  NO ONE EVER LOOKS BACK AT LIFE AND SAYS, "GEE, I REALLY WISH I WOULD'VE WORKED MORE!".  Nothing could be more true.

No comments:

Post a Comment