Saturday, July 9, 2016

Day Seven - July 8

It's been one full week since I was last at work!  I can't believe how fast it's gone. Today's weather looked questionable so we planned to go to the new township park to play before the storm came.  Kudos to the local Rotary Club for their funding of the new playground for children.  It is very nice and especially colorful. We played at the park for about an hour and a half before the thunder rumbled in the distance and dark clouds rolled in from across the lake.  We played on every piece of equipment there and swang on the swings. We met a few new friends but they were a little older and didn't stay long.

We decided to stop at the new bakery on our way home to buy some treats.  I think we've tried almost everything they make and it's all good.  The turnovers are the best and those of course were gone already.  We made a few selections and drove home for lunch just as the rain started to come down.  We played more ping pong since we were stuck inside all afternoon and we also played a fun Toca Boca shopping game on the IPad. We took turns being the cashier or the customer (or as H says, the "costume-er".  His vocabulary is so advanced that it makes me smile if he mispronounces something. (My favorite example recently at Bdub's: "yes, I'll have the bonus wings please."). We played a Ninja Turtle game as well and tried to work on being good sports regardless of winning or losing, something that H is struggling with which I'm told is age appropriate.

We finally got the call that J was close and to the exit and that meant it was time to go save a table at our favorite up north Friday fish fry spot. We got the just before the sky opened up and we only had to wait about 10 minutes for a table; luck was on our side!  I informed J that I came to the conclusion that even though the Basement Dweller status is temporary, being unemployed is something I could really get used to. I have a list of artsy projects I intend to complete before the month is over but I could easily start an Etsy business and make a go of being home! J is going to take more convincing....

No comments:

Post a Comment