Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Day Two - July 3

Second day of being Unemployed--and it's just as great as the first!

I should explain the Unemployed part now before we go further!  When I accepted the offer at my new company, I explained I wouldn't be able to start until August 1.  They hoped to start my onboarding sooner, however, I just knew once I put my notice in, I would want some time off to spend with my family.  Again, through the grace of God, I am able to be off the entire month of July (and get PAID for it $$$) before having to begin this new chapter of my career. What a tremendous blessing.  No one ever looks back at their life and says, "Gee, I really wish I would've worked more!"

My intention is to actually LIVE my life these next 30 days and reconnect with everyone around me, including myself.  I started that process too first thing this morning; I got up before everyone else and ran two miles.  It's not far but up north taking that run along the lake drive is one of my all-time favorite places to just BE; to focus on the sounds, smells, and sights of northern Michigan. 

After church we got ready for a day on the boat.  The sun was hot, the water was crystal clear, and we had the best time parking by my cousins for the afternoon while the boys played together.  I try to really drink in those moments; first of all, because come February, I'm dying for those precious moments on the lake, and second, because I'm fully aware that our lives can change at any second.  What do I mean?  A good friend of mine recently fell on some stairs, and now has a serious head injury.  His whole life has changed.  I am keenly aware that people can be diagnosed with a myriad of issues that can affect their sight or hearing or even their ability to spend time in the sun.  What if I couldn't see that amazingly clear water?  What if I couldn't inhale deeply the fresh air that only the lake provides?  What if I was told to stay out of the sun for the rest of my life?  Worst of all, I think about how different it would if one of those people that I love was not on our boat with us.  I think about all of these things that I take for granted every time we're out on the water and try to really take it all in.

So far this basement dwelling, unemployed life of mine is really quite awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment