Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Day 24 - July 25

It's Water Day at school!!  It's the only motivating factor for H to go on Mondays.  But how fun; the kids get to wear bathing suits and water shoes and play in sprinklers in the afternoon!  It was hot and sunny today, perfect Water Day weather!  Donut Thursday evolved from Water Day two years ago when every single Thursday in August was cold and/or rainy, and I don't think they got one Water Day in six weeks.  H was devastated.  To make up for that, we decided we would get two TimBits from Tim Horton's in the morning on Thursday as a special treat (which would also get taken away for bad behavior).  He always orders one birthday cake, and one chocolate TimBit, and the total is always $0.53.  I think the drive through people think I'm a bit off my rocker for not ordering more.  Oh well!

While H was at school, I went to Sam's to look at their rugs (which they had none) and return pants I had bought for J.  I also checked on the house progress--five stars for the roofers, who were shingling in 88 degree weather.  Check it out!!

When I got back to Owosso I got an oil change, drooled over the Camaro convertibles on the lot, and went to Meijer with my mom.  It was nice to just wander through the store with her and take time to look at things.  I also picked up what I would need for H and I's outside activity tomorrow--shaving cream and glue!  Recipe to follow.

I got home and finished selecting the Bible verses that would go on the studs in the new house (post on that to follow).  I am happy with my choices and think it will be a great addition to our new home.  It was time to drive back to pick H up, so I headed back that way while rocking to JT "Can't Stop the Feeling" with the sunroof open.  This has literally been the best month of my life.

Once I had H, we came back to town and met the FL family at the local bar downtown.  My brother had never been there!!  I was so proud, he ordered a Bell's Oberon and I had a Founders Rubaeus.  YAY Mitten beer!!!!  We had fun at dinner and followed up the bar food with ice cream of course.  After we said goodbye to the family, H and I played Home Run Derby in the yard, thankfully with a plastic ball and bat, because I hit the garage soffits pretty hard.  Oops!  Sorry Grandma!  We also played catch for awhile until  J got home from golf and then it was time for bed.  It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment