Saturday, July 23, 2016

Day 19 - July 20

H went to school today as I had more errands to run in town.  I have some Pinterest projects to complete before I come out of retirement and a trip to the big box craft store for supplies was necessary to get this stuff finished.  My biggest project is a race bib holder--they sell on Etsy for $50+!  I knew I could make one for myself exactly the way I wanted.  I am convinced that I will start an Etsy business on the side soon and hopefully I will be successful.

I was also able to meet my old boss for lunch, and explain everything that had happened and why I left my job.  He couldn't believe everything that has happened.  I can't either when I really think about it.  It was wonderful to see him, and the craziest part was that we were joined, briefly, by the other department manager that I worked with closely over the last year before he retired.  He showed up in a hat, sunglasses, plain shorts and sandals.  Clearly retirement is treating him VERY well!!  He was so funny, and I respected him so much as a manager and a mentor in the industry, that it was wonderful to see him so unexpectedly.  He said he couldn't stay to eat with us, but then he ordered shot of top shelf tequila and a glass of water and then started eating our chips.  That guy is awesome.

Once I picked H up, we went home to meet J and eat a quick dinner before going to get ice cream at our favorite local place to take to our cousin's baseball game.  We had the wrong time for the game, so we can home and went for a walk instead (H chose to ride in the wagon). I do love living in my hometown again (even if it is in a basement!) and soaking up every little moment of being here.  This has been the best month of my life; I was reflecting on that as we walked along my parents' street.  I am beyond blessed and totally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment