Monday, July 25, 2016

Day 20 - July 21

And another week is flying by! It's hard to believe my third week off is almost over.  Today was hotter than blazes but I had to get ready for my second attempt at selling off all this baby stuff!  Five years of accumulating little boy clothing and gear and gadgets and moving it all again seems ridiculous so a garage sale at my mom's is necessary. Tomorrow is sale day but there was a lot to get done to prepare for it.

H was a good helper up until it was really hot and uncomfortable in the garage. He also then began to analyze each item I was selling and asking why we weren't keeping the 2T Ninja Turtle shirt he loved... It was going to be a long day but it was unavoidable if I wanted to have a successful sale.

By afternoon I had made a lot of progress and the local library was having a magician at 3pm so I asked H if he wanted to go. We were sweaty and we were dirty from the garage work but that's how unemployed basement dwellers roll so we went as we were.  The library was full of kids as a storm was starting to darken the skies. There was literally one chair left in the crowd and a lot of people already standing so H sat on my lap after we confirmed it wasn't already spoken for. Baffling Bill the Magician was quite good and very entertaining for the 3-10 year old set. Other children were laughing at his silliness but my son was busy analyzing the mechanics of each trick and trying to make sense of what isn't logical.  I see another engineer in my future! He was so heavy sitting on my lap, yet another indication of just how big he is getting. Time just flies by when you have a child; it is so true.

After the magician, we decided we needed low fat frozen yogurt to make sundaes later and a trip to Kroger was necessary. On the way I asked him what his favorite trick was, and he said "when he turned the two birds into a bunny". That was pretty amazing as they were all live animals! I enjoyed Gus the bunny doing a little magic trick of his own. Smart little bunny fou fou.

We gathered our sundae supplies at Kroger and then made griddled peanut butter and mango sandwiches for dinner (recipe below).  After dinner H wanted to go for a wagon ride, and we took the dog and did almost two miles in the sub across the street. Apparently we have some friendly neighbors over there!

We made sundaes after the wagon ride and those treats were incredible as we were able to almost perfectly duplicate the CZ Graham Slam sundae.  Hooray for that!

It was another wonderful day at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment